Monday, September 11, 2006

Money can't buy a Grand Slam title!

I was surfing thru BBC sports on my computer this morning and happened to come across an article on Maria Sharapova winning the US Open on Saturday. Something she said below captured my thought,

"You can't buy a Grand Slam title. There are people around the world that have billions of dollars but no matter how much they want a US Open title, the only thing they can do is buy some good tennis rackets, the best trainers and work very hard."
"This beats any sort of money, any sort of paper."

How true is it? I have no doubt that many of us will agree to what she said. If we have all the money in the world, we will not be able to buy many things that are of great importance to us. Just to mention 2 of them, health and love. But many of you should also agree that between having no money and a lot of money, we will choose a lot of money. At least I know that's what I will choose.

I know many of us when come to the subject of MONEY, we feel very uncomfortable. I was brought up in an environment that talking about money is prohibited in my family. Until now many of my friends and relatives are still having the concept of "MONEY is EVIL" and "MONEY is not Important". However, I have changed my perception of the value of money for the last few years. With my wife and my 2 sons, we discussed constantly about money because I believed that money itself is not evil, the evil lives with the people who uses them.

Money is not everything, but without money we will not have many things we need.

Many of us work very hard, we actually spend most of our time at work than we spend time with our love ones. The purpose of our work is to ensure that every month we make enough to meet our needs. Since we have spent so much time to gather so called "sort of paper" as per Maria Sharapova, so how can we not discuss about it in our family? Be brave and face the fact that money is the one of the most influencial element in our life. We have heard of many families breaking up because of money, they are all over the news. What we do with money have a great deal to us and to the people around us. Money needs to be respected, they must be controlled and not the other way round. Many people are controlled by money and that is the root of all the problems.

Money itself is not important, what's important is what are we going to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home