Monday, January 29, 2007

How to Earn the Money You Want By Doing What You Love (Part 3)

Secret #2 - Do Work You Love and Get Paid Well

You do not need to and must not quit your job tomorrow and dive into moneymaking opportunity to become a successful entrepreneur or an investor. There are many people who actually quite their job just to dive into a current trend in the market. Regardless is a booming real estate business, a bull stock market investment or a trendy internet marketing business. Any of these can create millions in short time.

Sure you have heard your friends become a real estate agent and make a fortune, your neighbors invest in the bull stock market and found gold, or ex-collogues making millions in the internet. I am sure you have heard all these and more. The truth is they all work. But the bad news is they don’t work for everyone.

As what written by Andy Fuehl, author of audio CD, Wealth Without a Job:

The key to being a successful entrepreneur is to find your true purpose in life. This is your passion, something that you would actually do for free. Now this may seem counterintuitive. And you're right; it is. Most businesses fail because the person who started the business gave himself or herself a job. That person went into business to make money instead of doing what he or she was passionate about. Do you know anyone like this?

I work with clients all the time, and not doing what they're passionate about is the number one problem that I see constantly. The amazing part is, when you find your true passion and express your true purpose in life, it is as if you cannot fail.

Let me give you an example of this. I had a client, Ray, who went into real estate investing. In the hottest market ever, he managed to lose $70,000. He was in a lot of trouble. He came to me and asked me what he was doing wrong. I looked at the system he was using, and it was a good system. After digging a little bit deeper, I discovered that he went after the money instead of after his passion.

As soon as Ray discovered his purpose in life and followed his passion, within six months he was out of debt and making lots of money in his new business. His new business was selling healthcare products through a network marketing company. It was as if he could not fail.
I, too, had a similar experience after being downsized. I thought that by using the skills I had developed in my corporate career, I could become financially free in my own business. Guess again. I failed miserably. In fact, it took me several failed businesses to discover the problem.
Once I focused on my true passion, which is so different from what I used to do, I went from being unemployed to being a millionaire in less than three years. This is not to impress you, but to impress upon you that doing work you love is absolutely a must in order to succeed.

Therefore it is important that we must find what are we passionate about and where can we find them. By locating our passion, we can then explore the possibilities of turning that into a business or investment opportunity.

Andy concluded, “When you do what you love, you will be enthusiastic and you will succeed!

Losers focus a lot on what they don’t want in life, rather than be specific with what they do want. What Winners do is focus on what they want in life. – Robert Kiyosaki

So the next question you may asking will be, "If I have found my passion and decided to pursuit, how am I going to pay the bills if I need to quit my job and start my own business or investment plan ?"

(Some of these contents are extracted from article written by Andy Fuehl posted in Nightingle Newsletter)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home